Jan 3, 2010

One Step At A Time.


I have been thinking over the last couple days of how to accomplish change. I have come to the painful conclusion that there is no easy way. Unfortunately magic wands do not exist.

I need to get myself on the right path, and do the right things...over and over... and over. The most important right things to do, in my own little opinion, are the little ones.

This time of year people get very reflective and make incredibly large goals, wish for change, and brighter tomorrows. I think that success is found in the littlest of decisions, that done repeatedly add up to a large amount of achievement. We all know how to do it, down deep. For example, if you want to lose weight ~ eat less, move more. You want to build a meaningful relationship with someone? spend time with them. If you want the laundry done...do it, one load at a time.

I am a results girl at heart. I am not good at doing the little repetitive things, generally. I want to see accomplishments and I want them immediately. That's generally not how it works. We have to continue to put one foot in front of the other....it's all we can do really. You'll get there, eventually.

On that note...I am going cold turkey off of caffeine tomorrow. Diet coke is my drug of choice. Cutting back does not work out for me, so I am going for the all or nothing method...I am hoping for better sleep, less late afternoon crashes, and more money in my wallet.

I am saddened to be saying goodbye to such a dear friend. It has been by my side through thick and thin (literally) for the last 20~ish years. My initial goal is 90 days of soda free for me. On day 91 you may find me bathing in those luscious little bubbles, but for the next 90 days, you won't see me touch the stuff. I have read that it takes 72 hours for it to leave your system. I hope that's right. If that's the case my body will be back to normal by wed. There's no information about your mind. Go Figure.

Pray for my family for the next few days...I would like to say pray for me...but they may need it far more than I.

Raise your Aquafina water bottle in cheers to me! I can do this....

1 comment:

  1. So true about the little changes really being the big ones. this morning I was looking over my prayer list for my life and each member of my family I wrote in Jan 2009. So interesting to look back at. Only a few things were completely resolved, many God had worked in, but it wasn't done, and many were exactly the same. It was a reminder of how much it takes to actually change a human being. We are die hard creatures of habit. I think my problem is I want to change it all at once. I need to slow down and accept how human I am and take it ONE STEP AT A TIME!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!