Jan 21, 2010

Day 63. Facebook Lovin'.

Some days are just like that. Today is one of them. I like accomplishment. I like to do things, be done, and move on. School, in some ways, is kinda like the dishes. It's NEVER done. Even though I hate that, I can roll with it. But, my whole life right now seems to be checking off tasks. Laundry, workout, cleaning, worksheets, science lessons, 21 meals a week to feed my family. It's just amazing how secluded and shut off from the world I feel some days. I am sure this is something you get used to, or it isn't really a bother for some people. 


I scored one away from the biggest extrovert, that you could be. You know on those personality test~y things. I need my people. I dearly love the short ones, but sometimes I need a little bit taller of ones. Today I am super grateful for the online world. You get such encouragement from people you would otherwise likely never talk to in a day.







Here was my Facebook status from this morning:



"today, it's one foot in front of the other....that's about all I got right now..."



...Said because, today I am just dragging...feeling like the more I accomplish, the more I see that is not done. Not just the tasks to complete, but the things I want to change in my own life. The areas I want to improve in. It's sooo slow going, sometimes. I want to see results NOW. Have I mentioned that before? The regular day in and day out can get rough for me. I need to grow up in that area.


Here was one comment from a dear friend:


"Many great things were accomplished by just that method....."


That was brilliantly stated and perfectly timed, thank you so much Jim. If I keep putting one foot in front of the other, I am always moving forward. I will get there, eventually. So my baby steps, really do make a difference. They aren't baby at all. Some days, they really are huge, simply because they are taking me in the right direction. After all, they do say "Rome wasn't built in a day"...


School is completed. I'm snuggled under covers, during the kids chill time, when they wake up it's kick boxing time, family night, and I have a sad ugly duckling chair and some great ideas waiting for me...


Now there are just 107 school days left until summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!