Jan 14, 2010

Chicken and Worms Family Night.






These items make up our chicken and worms family night. Chick fil a chicken & fries, accompanied by sour gummy worms and 100 chickens and a worm puzzle.

I was walking around Target (shocking, I know) the other night and low and behold...there was this puzzle. I have always found the 100 dogs and a cat thing so funny. Now there was a 100 chickens and a worm, and in puzzle form. It jumped in my basket immediately. For 6.99 and a couple bucks for gummy worms, this week's family night was created.




There is a batman chicken, zebra chicken, two headed chicken, and of course a worm. It's awesome AND huge. 750 pieces. No way we would finish it tonight, but it will sit in the dining room and hopefully over the next couple of weeks, we can get it done. I actually love making puzzles.

We had our dinner and then munched on gummy worms while getting started on it...




We got the outside DONE...




We took a break to play worm, worm, chicken...similiar to duck, duck, goose. Well o.k. exactly the same except you say worm, worm, chicken. I have to give a shout out to my Gina, for this game. She suggested it while we were on the phone today. It was so super fun.







And you probably guessed it by now...we wrapped up the night with the chicken dance...




It's amazing what a little puzzle can inspire....

Hope you have fun times with your families this week.




3 comments:

  1. Your creativity and commitment to your family is just SO inspiring! Keep it comin'! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, your kids will have a great memories about these nights!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!