Jan 18, 2010

Day 60. The Day of Perfect.





I wish all the days were like today...every single last one of them. However, all that good, could get boring I suppose? It did start sketchy as I did the typical routine of waking up at like 8:30 as Shawn was leaving...(I am always tired in the am and will that EVER end?)

The house was SILENT. I mean except for the rain and wind...NOTHIN! Eerie. I got up to investigate. I came downstairs to find the three kids huddled together at my computer playing a newly discovered game called Fancy Pants. I left 'em there. It was beautiful. I got all my lesson planning done for the week, got ready for the day, and did some straightening up around the house. There was no arguing, sassy~ness, or anything. The fire was roaring, the wind was blowing, the rain was coming down harder than I've seen it in a while. My heart was full.

About 10:30 I stopped them and we sat around the table and had hot chocolate and toast. It really was amazing. We started school around 11:00 today and got through TONS! It's amazing what good moods can do for you....

I read a book with Emma today and she can read all the "at" words...hat, rat, bat...HOW FUN! She's such a big girl...so proud of herself.

Now there are just 110 school days left until summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!