Jan 22, 2010

Day 64. The Truman Show.

Today, started off a bit rocky. Friday/Saturdays are supposed to be our days off of school, but we didn't finish everything I wanted to get done this week. The older kids and I spent some time in the classroom this morning. I am proud that I mustered up the discipline, as I have a million projects waiting for me.

Originally, I began blogging to record our "one" year of homeschooling. I am completely smitten....and so, I have decided to expand my blog and move over to Wordpress...I have a new name, a new look coming. It will be done in the next few days. Blogging is an amazing outlet for me for many reasons, not the least of which, it connects me to the grown up world. I came across this post today from Melissa over at A Familiar Path and it gave me goosebumps. It's amazing and captures my heart today.

As my husband and I were working on my new blog this afternoon, we listened to my 3 children play like angels. Today, we could have been a family on the Truman Show. In fact, as I write this my 11 year old's homemade banana bread is in the oven, the rain is falling, and my entire family is snuggled under blankets together....yes, the fire is roaring and the puppy lies at our feet. All days are not like this. In fact, yesterday, I would have considered selling my kids to the gypsies if they had come a knockin'...but that's o.k. It's those days that make days like today, that much sweeter.

Today, my little Emma was playing and wrote some words, as if she had been doing it her whole life. Amazing and to think that I taught her that....



O.k. we all learn it somewhere, but man it filled my heart with joy.

Now there are just 106 days left until summer.


2 comments:

  1. i'm thinking about moving to wordpress myself. i'm scared though. i've got a lot of years in blogger.

    thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only been blogging since early fall....so I am NOT attached :)...ha.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!