Jan 14, 2010

Day 59. Be The Change.





I honestly can not believe how much has changed in this last year. I think I am doing my New Years Reflection today, for some reason. I have given up many things that I love for the greater good. It feels amazing to learn to love new things. How many times do we live in a rut for way longer then we should? It is possible to change. I sometimes forget that. I have an incredibly blessed life and I need to be living it to the fullest.

Why do we all keep doing the things we know are so unhealthy for us? It's so confusing, yet we all do it. Is it fear based, laziness, indifference? I'm sure the reasons are all different....but sometimes you gotta give up to grow up, as they say. Real courage comes in slowing down and looking at the reality right in front of you...., the scale, your credit card bill, and your relationships. In this world of instant gratification, the gratification often time masks the truth. Real courage, real living comes when you take reality and do something about it. I know in my life, it's always the harder road.

Today we went to Shawn's work to bring him a surprise donut, then we did a couple errands. I went to Home Depot to get some supplies to make our daily schedule board for the classroom. I'm resisting it, but it'll be the best for us, I think. The rest of the day was intermingled with school, chill/nap time, clean up, work out....a lot the same as yesterday. Pretty uneventful. Tomorrow and Sat. we are finishing the Christmas take down (yeah our lights are still up), cleaning the garage, and deep cleaning the school room. I am completely looking forward to it. I'm just weird like that.

Now there are just 111 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!