Jan 5, 2010

The Bell Will Ring....



Tomorrow it's back to school....our LLOONNNGGG break is over....We eased into it today and did a little bit.

Our next part of math is reviewing money...so, I took advantage of the Christmas clearance at Target and we went on a little field trip. Each child got a dollar to spend. There isn't much left at this time of year, but they managed to find lots of little treasures. That is real life practical math in play. When they figured out the mark down price and how much more they could buy because of the sale, they were incredibly pleased. They each paid on their own and got their own bag and receipt. While I was paying, I sent them over to the snack bar to sit and wait. They were all comparing their "savings" on the bottom of their receipts! It ranged from $7-$8. They were pretty pleased. I was dying laughing...it was adorable.

We stopped at Bj's on the way home for an impromptu lunch. Yum. Cameron tried to negotiate that the children's menu activity sheet should count for school work. Whatever. After chill time, we did some major cleaning around the house. ALL the millions of Christmas decor items are down and in the garage, about 50% packed up. The rest is going to have to wait, but at least it's all out of the house.

We worked on some penmanship and spelling this afternoon and did a special project. I had the kids write down their 3 top field trip choices. I also had them write down what they liked and didn't like about school. WOW interesting. Cameron thinks my school is harder then BCS. LOL. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Both of the kids asked for more structure....EXCUSE ME? Are you kidding? They both want to have school be from a certain time to a certain time. Alright, I'll play along....or try to anyway...

SO, tomorrow as requested the bell will ring at 8:47. Why? because I'm the teacher and I said so. School will dismiss at 12:01.

Off to lesson plan......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!