Jan 8, 2010

Day 55. Love Leaps.

I just fell in love, all over again, with my kids today. You know the feeling? A little love leap, perhaps. The day started a little rough as I dragged my caffeine starved body out of bed at a miserable 7:30, threw on a hat, mascara, brushed teeth, and was at the doctor by 8:00, for yearly check ups for my two oldest.

After plenty of poking and prodding, and some uncomfortable turn your head and cough moments, we left the doctor with 2 clean bills of health, picked up Emma from daddy's work, and headed home. I pulled Cameron into the kitchen and told him he needed to pick a cookie recipe and make them, all alone. He embraced the idea with intensity and turned into a male Betty Crocker instantly. He had the ingredients all pulled out of the cupboard in a line, in a moment's notice.  This was his first time baking solo.




Emma enjoyed all of our play dough "stuff"



...and Taylor got to paint her new Triple bunk doll bed that she received for Christmas.





I sat at the table and just relaxed, soaked it all in, and looked around online for fun field trip options.

All three mastered their projects. Cameron cleaned up, without me even asking. He asked if we could take the cookies down to my husband's work, to pass out, to everyone there. I quickly agreed. Then I secretly forced him into a living word problem, as he had to figure out how many cookies each staff member could have and yet still leave left overs for us. He was stunned when I pointed out he just did a word problem. "oh yeah, I guess they are useful". The girls made cards while Cameron bagged up his creations and we were on our way.




We were able to hand deliver, to everyone on staff, except our Senior Pastor who was out of the office, daddy who was at lunch, and our youth pastor who was on the phone. We were making a sufficient disruption on our own, until we were completely outdone by our Children's director. When asked for a photo op, she began shouting, "I'm gonna make the blog", repeatedly in the halls. You made it T...you've been published :). Thanks for helping us document our trip.




After chill time, we headed down for our book work in the late afternoon. It's funny how in the beginning of the year that was always a total train wreck. It worked perfect today. We ended the day with our Black Out Family Night. It was a great day, surrounded by those that I love with all my heart...

Now there is just 115 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!