Jan 29, 2010

Emergency Family Night.

What happens when one of your best friends ends up in the hospital to undergo immediate and emergency surgery, just a couple hours before family night is supposed to happen?



Well the answer is simple...you gather your kids and explain the situation.

Get the 10.99 pizza coupon from the drawer and a movie for the rest of the family to enjoy at home.


Immediately depart for the hospital...trying to get there before they wheel her into surgery.

Family Nights aren't 100 percent of the time about only blood relatives...sometimes you just gotta roll.



Yes, I did consider having the family at home play a game, but thought that might be a BIT over the top. Despite the fact that Nicole would have greatly appreciated the humor in it.



Nicole is at home minus one gall bladder and appendix, but on the mend. My kids learned a valuable lesson about the importance of people first....and I am glad I got to make it to see her and give her a big 'ol smooch... cuz she is one of a kind.


Family nights will resume next week. Enjoy your weekend.

XO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!