Jan 18, 2010

Heartwarming Party.

Taylor came to me a couple of months ago with a party idea from her American Girl Magazine. It was to have a heartwarming party.  We could get together with friends, everyone bring their own fleece. and make items for charity. We decided on a mom/daughter party where we could make blankets for Shriner's Children's hospital.





I was determined to shush the inner party planner in me and let the girls take the lead on this one. They picked out the evite, the time and day of the party, and made up the guest list. They chose the snacks, drinks, and decorations. I did pretty good, staying out of their way. It was super fun to watch these girls plot and plan.

They spent Saturday morning make hearts to hang from the ceiling. Cameron (my new chef boy) made cookies and we served hot chocolate and waters.



We took over the downstairs and the girls went to work...




After a couple hours of flying fleece and knot tying lessons, we had 5 adorable blankets made for some waiting children who may need them for some comfy snuggle time.

We also had 5 adorable girlies who had fun testing them out.













I'm so proud of our girls...tomorrow we will be off to take them to Shriner's....



1 comment:

  1. Good times! We had a blast AND I can FINALLY leave a comment, this makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!