Jan 23, 2010

The Naked Wandering Woman.

Written a couple years ago. Something I don't want to forget... 






So, today on the way home from Chuck E. Cheese, I notice tons of smoke near my neighborhood. Ever since I was a little girl, anytime there was any sort of disaster my dad would hop in the car and go investigate. I always went along!!! So, I have passed this tradition on to my three children as well... Cameron goes very nervously, the girls are all for it. Today was no exception, we went in search of the fire.... 


Well, we hit major defeat... there was NO way we, or any of the other curious people, were getting anywhere near these fires... so we gave up, and turned down Gerber Rd. to go home. 


All of sudden (as we were going about 10 mph in major traffic) I looked to the right to see a thin young girl maybe 20 or so, very attractive, walking down the street completely and totally naked in broad daylight. She looked like she was just truly enjoying her afternoon stroll, with not a care in the world. She was clearly a bit delusional. Not only was she walking naked in front of numerous onlookers, but she was walking on the hot asphalt, sticks, rocks and yuck through a construction zone, and didn't even seem to notice. 


Two cars behind me was a cop and sure enough not more than two seconds later he made a sharp turn off the road right near her. The naked woman looked at the cop car and turned and started wandering into the fields... WHAT would a poor cop do when he got to her? Do they carry extra clothes for this type of situation...I can hear it now, um ma'am, do you realize you have no clothes on? 


I was so stunned and engrossed in these thoughts that I completely forgot for a moment that my kids were in the car. As I looked in the mirror to see their reaction the silence was broken by my 3 year old, Emma... 


" aww mommy, that's not fair. I want to grow up and be a mommy and have big boobs and walk naked down the street with no shoes on......." 



2 comments:

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!