Jan 11, 2010

Day 56. Two Little Letters.


o.k. I will admit it. I am a baby...a rather big baby sometimes. I cannot stress enough how big the difference is when I pre-plan properly (say that 10 x's fast) our day in the classroom. The beauty of the A Beka curriculum (and it could be all of the curriculums, I really have no idea) is, that it is laid out one day at a time. There is specific detail that you just follow...say this, do that, ask this, write that, stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight. It's also my nemesis because in theory, I absolutely can get through the day, with very little prep. Clearly this is not ideal. I almost hate having that fall back.

I woke up this morning, with my work out and eating plan in place, all the meals for the week were planned and groceries were bought, my weekly visit to Target and been completed, my house was fairly clean, and I still was caffeine-less....BUT (and that is a pretty big BUT) I had not planned and reviewed near to the extent that I wanted to or need to for school. I overslept and woke up with the blah's and I'm not going to lie.....tears were shed. I was very annoyed at the situation.

All the household chores are constant and never will be done. They can sit. School needs to come first. I have no excuses now that I am not working, for not being ultra planned, prepared, and pretty (o.k. maybe not pretty... I just like 3 things in a row starting with the same letter). So, I have now planned a time to plan. WHAT is this world coming to?????  Alas, it's true. Our family nights, happen on Thursday, and after that, it's planning time for me. Then I can plan for the school week ahead and still have a couple days to go out and get supplies for the next week, if need be. It needs to be said, that my cohort in crime, Gina, pointed out that crucial piece of information to me last week. Otherwise, I probably would have planned the week on Sunday night. Thanks G. She's a genius I tell you....her and I together, are unstoppable.

We started the day at the park. I planned on practicing my picture taking skills, but picture taking 101 says to have a battery in the camera and I forgot mine at home on the charger. After freezing to death at the park, I stopped by am pm and got a cup of crushed ice and bottled water for my "fake diet coke". Between that and lots of love on Facebook due to my whiny status....I found myself cold, but all better.

At home, we started school with a new DVD for Emma and a couple new books for Cameron and Taylor. I had them read for 35 min while Emma watched her movie. Cameron is reading Tom Sawyer and Taylor is reading the Secret Garden. They are going to build dioramas when they are done. The good thing about homeschooling is not having to sit at a desk all the live long day.



Taylor curled up in her bed...




Cameron in mine....
Love that.

The most exciting thing that happened today is Emma read "AT". She really got it and was able to spell it with magnet letters and even add letters to make bat, cat, and yes even fat...can't wait 'til that girl can read. What an accomplishment that will be for the both of us.

Now there are just 114 school days left until summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!