Jan 19, 2010

Day 61. My ABC's of Thankful.



I adore the weather we are having these days...windy, rainy, love it! It makes me want to stay in jammies, all the live long day. I will resist the urge and upgrade to sweats today. Taylor's science lesson is on wind today. I have to admit, I am kinda enjoy learning along with my kids. I mean really, how many of you can explain what exactly causes wind. I can. Yay me. Although it does cross my mind, what is the point of learning all this, when they will not remember it as an adult??


My heart is kinda sad today. I am missing some things. I will not look back and I will trust that my God is taking care of me, both my physical needs, as well as my heart. I will not only look forward, but will look to the here and now. I was directed this morning to  http://annas-eyes.org/ from a Facebook post of a friend of mine. What an amazing young lady who is serving in Haiti. It sure puts things into perspective. Make sure and click on my Hope for Haiti link to check out some of the things that the blogging community is doing to help. I read this morning that the death toll is estimated at 200,000 and 1.5 million people are hurt and without homes. I don't know about you, but those numbers are so surreal, that it is hard to wrap your head around.


An older post of Anna's was about her ABC's of thankfulness. I thought it was awesome and a good idea to snap me out of my mood...please post yours as a comment! This is definitely going to become a school project in my kids future...


Amazing friends
Black and white damask print curtains
Christmas...and all that it brings
Darling...the actual word itself
Energy
 Family Nights
Growth in my life
Husband...my life would just be wrong without him
Ice ~ especially crushed
Jesus... who's love for me is beyond my comprehension
Krispy kreme donuts
Laughing
My children
Never giving up
Opportunity
Push ups...they make me feel like superwoman 
Queens...they are pretty
Remembering the priceless moments that I never want to forget
Sleeping in...
Target
Understanding 
Visine...makes the springtime in Sacramento, doable.
Water (kind of a lie but trying to become obsessed with it)
Xerox machines...don't judge me, my choices are severely limited
Yoga pants ~ black ones
Zebra print anything


Enjoy your day, hug each other, and pray for those in Haiti.


Now there are just 109 school days left until summer...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!