Jan 18, 2010

Ashley's Baby Shower for Liam.

I Love party planning. I have been doing it my whole life. When I get the honor of doing it for a friend... it is twice as fun. Meet Ashley...crazy, quirky, fun-loving, mom of three, and wife to Josh. Check out her blog at http://lifeaccordingtothechristians.wordpress.com. This was the celebration we had before Liam was born.



Ashley is the wife of our youth pastor at our church and we needed a big space for her shower. Fortunately, we were able to use our worship center. In order to cozy it up a bit, I hung white fabric panels around the room. I also was fortunate to have an ultrasound picture of Liam that we put up on the screens.

The table at the door had some scrapbooking pages to sign a note for Liam. Also there, was in my opinion, the funniest of funny baby shower games... a bit quirky, so know your audience. In each of the clear plastic cups pictured, was an ice cube. Frozen inside each ice cube was a plastic baby. When each of the guests arrived, they were given a cup to carry around. The first person's baby to bust out of the ice cube (because of melting) would create the winner...but the lady has to yell, "My water broke". Fantastic.



Each of the tables held a diaper cake. I had 5 ladies pitch in money to create these. A very useful gift for the mom having her third baby boy!




Ashley is not one who would be into sappy baby shower games. She marches to the beat of her own drummer and she does so beautifully. I tried to think out of the box. Ashley likes to laugh....so....this game was born.

Have you seen "Who's line is it anyway?" We copied the props game...baby shower style.

I had some ladies that I had asked to participate and then asked for volunteers from the guests.
I put buckets of various items behind the stage. The instructions were "things that you would find in a delivery room". I might have scared her family a bit, but it was pure entertainment.
Use your imagination as to what was being said...

a princess helmet...





a lantern...





 a lightsaber...





and a flash light...




The girls who participated were amazing...they would give Drew a run for his money.


For the cakes, I ordered plain cupcakes from Costco and added some hand made chocolate candies. They helped decorate the tables, as they were pre set at everyone's seat.




We closed the afternoon out with a prayer time for Ashley, Liam, and the rest of her family.





Love you Ash. xo.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that game made my laugh out loud all over again, thank you for that! I can't believe that belly is now almost 2! Best baby shower I've ever been to, you're the best. xo
    Oh and p.s., it's funny to read someone else's description of yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!