Sep 15, 2009

Subliminal messages.







As a little girl, my 80's decorated bathroom, had a poster of a little girl framed and hanging on the wall. Every time, I sat down in that bathroom for any reason, I seemed to find myself reading it... "Wherever you go, and whatever you do, you'll find special magic in just being you." This poster now lives hanging in my garage. If I ever find extra money laying around, I will have it reframed and put back in my house. It looks almost perfectly vintage. I always remember that poster. I am kinda nostalgic that way.

I love the walls of my house filled with all kinds of sayings: heartwarmingly cheesy, fabulously romantic, and incredibly witty. I read them often. They make me happy. I hope my kids are reading them. I hope that when they are 38, they can recite things that are hanging in our home today. My subliminal messages to them.

In our classroom, I have made a collage of them (stole the idea from a dear friend). I truly think that this covers all the major things that I hope my kids remember in their life. Humor, dreaming, love, courage, and faith...I am not sure that hanging them on the wall, will actually instill these values in my kids, but it couldn't hurt...and it looks cute.

What if the hokey pokey really is what its all about?
Live a good life
I wish I may I wish I might
Chase your dreams
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!