Sep 1, 2009

DAY 1. Who am I?


I made it. The two older kids are in their rooms chillin' and Emma is crashed out. I am laying on the floor of my room...a survivor. We got our first day of school pics and finished all of our work for today. Then it occurred to me...um yeah, in just a matter of hours, we are doing all of that again....and then again, and then again.... It was a really good day, very strange though. I do not feel like myself at all, but change is good. I like change.

I started off my day waking up 40 min later then I intended. No worries, there are no tardy slips here. Shawn made the kids an awesome breakfast of pancakes. We began school at 8:30 on the dot, almost as if I had planned it that way. Cameron, brought me an apple for my desk. Tear. Emma spent the morning calling me teacher. Ha. I sensed that Taylor was missing her friends a bit, but there were so many aspects of our day that she just loved.

The morning began with Science. While the girls were outside setting up an insect trap, I whizzed through the Science lesson with Cameron. Quite victoriously, I might add. Our dog threw up three times, but that didn't slow me down. I taught my first history lesson and you would have been proud. I had charisma and "engaged my child" just like my homeschool for dummies books told me to do. It was great. I set Cameron up on an independent project and then started Taylor's history lesson. It was then that I realized I had already taught this lesson...5 minutes prior to Cameron...oops. The kids were laughing their heads off...Taylor says "oh wow, mom you screwed up"... "yes, yes I did, baby...and that's why the big number 4 and 5 is printed on everything... for 4th grade and 5th grade." "You should really keep an eye on that, mom.." Don't you just love kids?

My school day ended brilliantly, with a surprise visit from Shawn and a yummy diet coke...I don't know where I would be without him...now off to plan Wednesday...169 school days until summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!