Sep 23, 2009

Calendar.


What classroom doesn't have one? Again, along with the mild planner obsession, I love calendars. I used to love the ones with the stickers that you added for special occasions and things. Remember those? Well, I went to Lakeshore and tried to get a classroom calender. All of them had so many colors, they hurt my head. Personal Preference, I know that. But remember, while I am trying to mimic some of a classroom, this still is my house. No puzzle pieces, stars, or rainbows....please.

I asked the sales gal if there is a wall calendar in just black and white. Oh, I wish I could have taken a video of her reaction. "Are you a teacher?" ummm, I wasn't sure how to answer that. Fortunately, I didn't have to...more questions..."What district do you work for". Um, I don't...I home school... "OH. (insert snobby tone)" oh I see how this is going to be. So, I added just for fun..."and I am new at it, it's my first year"... She was horrified and quickly gave me her education background and schooled me on why colored calendars were better. So, lesson learned...we always want color and we don't want to admit we are first year homeschool "teachers". Whatever.

I went home and found this one on line. Not great. Not bad. The kids love it. It was just $10. Its pretty useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!