Sep 8, 2009

Day 4. On Location.




My car needed the tires rotated and the oil changed. So, I grabbed a hold of the "you can do school anywhere" concept, to give it a try. Goodyear is conveniently located near the world's greatest McDonalds. Due to the fact that I woke up with no milk in the fridge today, I was happy they also serve (according to Cameron) the world's greatest pancakes. We dropped the car off and walked down the street to our classroom for the day. We ate breakfast and did reading, science, penmanship, and math in the play land. We had the place completely to ourselves for almost the entire time we were there. I got to refill my diet coke for free the entire time we were there too. God bless caffeine.

The kids did their reading time in the play structure and the rest of their school work at a booth. This McDonalds even has leather recliners. It worked pretty well. We came home for lunch and then I sent the kids to their rooms with a stack of independent assignments to complete. Emma is napping.

K, so what did not work, is this: Goodyear called in the middle...brakes are shot among other things that bring their suggested work to a total of $700, Shawn's car was having some issues, kept getting texts from the office, and a couple of friends called. In addition, Cameron cut his toe, Emma lost the ability to sit in a chair as she proclaimed loudly "my butt can't take this anymore", and Taylor can't seem to stop rolling her eyes at everything. FUN!

I like to think that I can multitask with the best of them, but everyone has a limit right? Can I be a wife, mom, teacher, and employee all at the same time? More importantly, can I do them all well? I am sure you are thinking put your phone away, or just address it later. Well, I kept the phone out to hear from Good year and the rest is history. Once I see a call or text, my mind starts wandering and pretty soon I can get spun. This is an area I am not good at. Bottom line. I do everything with a lot of intensity. Its hard for me to be multiple roles at one time. I wonder if all mom's struggle with this? I will get better at it. Discipline will be key. I will figure it out, hopefully before June. For now though, 166 school days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!