Sep 16, 2009

Random Drumming.




















My trick for handling classroom wide frustration moments came to me yesterday. As I told you, I spent the day teaching on the floor with a pillow. In the middle of my pseudo nap, I accidentally hit the leg of one of the kids desks. It made a pretty sound. So, being the fabulous role model that I am, I continued. It Interrupted our studies and before long the four of us were having a jam session. Pencils, rulers, markers all were tested. Random Drumming was born.

From now on, anytime I say random drumming, everyone has ten seconds to drum away. When I say stop, everyone must stop. Frustration diffused. You can't help but laugh. I think I'm on to something. Workplaces should consider this.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! We have actually done random drumming, although not called that, in the car. I do make them keep in time though! So maybe it's not really random drumming so much as it is drumming.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!