Sep 10, 2009

Day 5. On Top of the World.
































Today was a regular day. Nothing too outrageous. Ahhh. I welcome that, sometimes.

We put a greenhouse project together today. I found it on clearance at Walmart. We got it out the other day to complete and found that this blessed kit did not include seeds. Ugh. Today we did science in the classroom and then went out for seeds at Lowe's. We came home and planted them in the greenhouse. Emma doesn't understand why there is no flowers yet. I hope it works.

The kids watched a couple Bible story DVD's, while they ate an early lunch. I used this time to straighten out some curriculum issues with A beka. A 45 min call. They were fantastic. I also called Lakeshore to retrieve my missing Sunday card. They will mail it to me. Love them. Good customer service is one of my favorite things.

I taught Emma her first official reading lesson today. It was about the letter "I". I said to her "Do you know what sound the letter I makes?" She so proudly says, "Yes Mommy. It makes the sound "ihh", like mud on your shoes." Oh for the love, how in the world am I going to teach her how to read? She honeslty thinks "I" is for mud on your shoes. Boy, do I have a long way to go. Then She starts singing..."I says "ihh" like all things "icky"... mud on your shoes, dirty stinky mud" ....aaaahhhhh crisis averted. Should've known.

All of the other school work got completed while Emma was in her nap spot. We accomplish things much differently with her absence. We even got to poetry today.

I love my kids. I love Emma's mischievous twinkly eyeballs. I love that Taylor comes alive when she starts to study art and poetry. I love that Cameron can finish Read and Think Sheets that should take 5 min., in about 90 seconds and still get a 100%.

I love this extra time I get to spend with the three of them. I love discovering this side of my kids I haven't seen before. I love the discipline it's teaching me. I love that today I feel somewhat adequate. I love that Shawn is giving the kids breakfast and doing the dishes everyday before he leaves the house. I love that there is just 165 school days until summer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Darcy- very very impressed. You are an inspiration and God is using you in such an awesome way. What a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!