Sep 28, 2009

Day 14. On your own time.


As I mentioned before, I am really trying to do school Sun-thurs. As much as my heart and head want to, Sunday evening school is just not realistic. With my husband and I both on staff at our church and required to be at all four services on Sat night and Sunday, by Sunday evening, everyone is wiped out. So the solution that I tried last weekend, seemed to work well. I assigned the kids their work, to be done on their own time. It was due on Monday morning at 8:30. It worked really well. They could do it whenever they wanted. It felt more like homework. This may be the solution.

Emma spent the weekend watching the butterflies do their thing. Our puppy, Brooklyn, looks a bit like she was waiting for lunch. Sometime during Friday, Sat., and Sunday, school day 14 did get completed. Now there is just 156 school days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!