Sep 25, 2009

Day 13. Man Down.



Ahhhhh Friday. We have been trying to adjust to a Sunday-Thursday school week. My husband's only day off is Friday, so we are attempting to leave that day completely free. That didn't work today. I needed to get another day of school in. I have only been managing 3-4 school days a week. At this rate, we won't finish this year before the start of the 10-11 school year. The positive thing about doing school today, is that Emma took the day off and hung with daddy. She is only 4 and definitely does not need to be doing 5 days a week.

We were in the classroom by 8:15 this morning and got through lots of stuff today. Having one less child in the room made a world of difference. Mom's will understand this well. If you have 4 kids and you are down 2 because of whatever reason, being with 2 feels so easy. Much easier then when you only had 2 in the first place. This always cracks me up. Kinda like when someone with no kids says they are tired. Now, I honestly don't mean to make fun of them. I am sure they are tired. However, with every child you bring into the world, the word tired takes on a deeper meaning. I guarantee you if Mrs. Dugar could hear me say that I am tired, she would be "mocking" me too. Its all in perspective.

We had a great day. I love my kids. Today was relaxing, as it should be for a day off. We ended the day moving our butterflies in waiting into their pop up home. I have to admit it is fascinating to me...and to Emma. She watched for so long today, just waiting and waiting.

It's almost the end of the day. I am going to go organize a bit in the classroom and then have some mind numbing fun on facebook....perhaps take some life altering quiz like "what kind of shoe are you?". Just 157 school days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!