Oct 28, 2009

Day 32. What's on the inside?




































We had a little visitor today. My good friend Jen's youngest, Luke. He and Emma are the same age. They played all morning, as Emma took the day "off" from school today. They were angels. Not one fight. We got tons accomplished in the classroom today and were periodically entertained as well. During snack time I was at my desk and overheard Luke say, "Hey Taylor, what are you going to be for Halloween this year?" Taylor says, "a Bumble Bee". There was complete silence and then I hear a confused Luke ask..."you're going to be Tuna?" Oh, that quite possibly made my day. I love that kid. I love how simplistic children's minds can be. It's hilarious the connections they make. We are not huge consumers of tuna in this house, due to a tuna bone incident that occurrred in the nineties, so my children were equally confused by Luke's comments, as well as my laughter.

Taylor got to dissect Lima Beans, today. Purchasing them at 10:30 last Sunday night, was equally as interesting, as the project itself. I personally have never purchased Lima Beans. I had to ask where they were in the store. I admit it. "Aisle eight ma'am"...the adorable 18 year old man-child tells me. I hate being called ma'am. I spent about 15 min bonding with aisle eight. When I finally located the lima beans, I found them sitting on the shelf near the rice, just down the row from the beans. That makes perfect sense. Why didn't I think to look for them there?

I soaked them. We split them. I am not sure what I was expecting, but it was a little bit of a let down. The kids had fun and it was far more interesting then the picture in the book. That's the important thing.

School is again complete for the day. I have done dishes, laundry, made muffins...from scratch, picked up the house, chased the dog, and helped shape the young minds of the future leaders of America. I am now going to take off my cape, curl up with my blankie and have a nap. My tasks are completed, but I have to confess, my heart was just not in it today.

There is just 138 school days left until summer.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog, as usual. I want your IKEA desk for our classroom!! ;)
    I am thankful that here in Roseville we have many parks. Hope yours gets finished soon!
    Looking forward to your next blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Yeah that desk...hmmm amazing.!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!