Oct 20, 2009

Day 26. What if I Had Said No?



Today was fantastic. Period. I posted on my facebook a few weeks ago "Joy comes in the morning, but when does the morning come?" Mine has arrived. The peace the Lord can place in your heart, is truly the peace that "passes all understanding". I feel so calm today. Despite the fact that I started my day with a puppy that pooped in my lap and then headed off to a morning of home schooling my three children. If you know me at all, you know that these two things were definitely not on my bucket list.

A couple of years ago, we met a couple Matt and Michelle. At birth their daughter Lillian, was not expected to live and today she is getting ready to celebrate her 3rd birthday. I had the honor of being able to care for her a couple hours a day last year.
(You can read more about their amazing journey at http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/AlbumLillian.htm). Admittedly, I was nervous at the thought, given her medical history. However, when I started, it honestly was never an issue. Being around Matt and Michelle puts you at ease immediately. This past summer our families went to Disneyland together. If you ever want to see God's peace at work in someone's life, hang with the Monaghan's. They just get it. I love being around them. They have been through something that could have broken them, but they allowed God to use it to draw them closer to Himself. What a testimony they are. What a testimony Lillian is. She is a miracle. There is nothing in all the world like a Lillian hug. Not one thing. My life is better today because of my time with her.

Today we had another normal day of school, after a few days off. It was actually good to get back at it. The kids did great. We finished around noon, had lunch together at the table, and then spent the afternoon bargain hunting for winter clothes. My best deals were at the Children's Place Outlet where I found Cameron a pair of pants, 3 long sleeved shirts, and two sweatshirts for thirty bucks.

I love the challenges and rewards this year is already bringing to my life. I knew in my heart that this year would be amazing, simply because it was something that God wanted me to do. When God asks, it doesn't matter what it is, I hope I always listen. I want to follow the Lord with that kind of blind faith that is like jumping off of a cliff and having know idea when and where you will land. THAT, my friends, is what life is all about.

Now there is just 144 school days until summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!