Oct 7, 2009

Day 21. All That Glitters.


As if this morning's disaster in language lessons wasn't enough, I had planned on doing a double day today. Two lessons of school work in one day. I was hoping that I could pull this off every so often, when needed. The kids had chill time in their room while Emma napped and around 3, we started into our first double day. It did work. We accomplished two days of school in one. It wasn't easy, but we did it.

The girls wore new shirts today that they got for winter. They have glitter....and now so does the rest of my house. It is everywhere. Love shirts like that. Gotta admit though, they are so stinkin' cute, it might be worth the clean up. Sparkly things are fun.

I really felt like the kids needed some one on one time. So, I took each one of them in the classroom while the other two stayed out and played. This worked really well and I am sure to do this often throughout the year. Much more time for me, but much better quality for them. When there are no distractions and I can really focus on each child, dare I say I actually enjoy the schoolwork. The sense of patriotism that wells up when you read the Declaration of Independence, the amazement in the way that God created all the animals, and the accomplishment when you find out that you diagrammed that darn sentence correctly, is a bit exhilarating. I don't care if it is elementary school work and I am 38. It's kinda nice to exercise this part of my brain.

Tomorrow we will wake up and do lesson 22. It was a long day, but what day isn't?! Now there is just 149 school days left until summer.

2 comments:

  1. I read back over several entries and I've got to say Darcy...you are WAY more disciplined than I am. I don't have the patience for after school homework, let alone teaching 3 kids of different ages all school year! Good luck. It looks like you are doing a FABULOUS job! :)

    ~Vikie Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vickie....never thought I would do this. ha.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!