Oct 13, 2009

Curriculum.


I am using primarily A Beka curriculum? Why? I am familiar with it and a lot of Christian schools use it. I love the fact that its Christ centered. Book titles are things like God's Gift of Language, Understanding God's World, etc.

I was able to order the grade level in a kit. I just checked 3 boxes: 4th grade, 5th grade, and k-4. I have heard its not the cheapest. I honestly did not price it out. I paid $1500 for all three kids. For the most part, I have been really happy with everything. It is broken down in to 170 days. All the lesson plans are done for you. Simply read and follow. In theory, it is fool proof.

Being completely new, I decided to go with this familiar system. The kids have learned with A Beka for years now. I thought about looking around, but honestly didn't even know what to look for. I used the energy and time into getting ready to teach, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!