Oct 21, 2009

Day 27. Out of the Mouth of Babes.


Today Taylor, my 9 year old, wrote about the first day of school in her writing prompts journal. She had her choice of topics and her is what she said...

"I loved my first day of school. It was my first time homeschooling. That day we got introduced to some things like my desk, devotions, and all about today. The all about today explains the weather, the date, and the season. It hangs on the wall. My desk is white. All of my books are in a bucket. The bucket hangs on the bottom of my desk. We don't do devotions in school much now, but we did it the first day and it was fun.

I like having my brother and sister in my class. My mom is the teacher. She is the best teacher I have ever had. Especially because she is my mom, of course. My sister is loving school. She likes her worksheets. She was so excited the first day of school. We all were. My brother is really good in school. I am sure he liked the first day of school too.

My favorite thing about school is that I get to be with my family. My favorite thing about the classroom is the walls. They are painted blue and green. Blue and green are my favorite color.

School is working really good for my family. I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous the first day of school, but it's working fine now. Emma is in front of me and Cameron is right beside me."

My thoughts on that...So glad she appreciated my work in painting the classroom, so glad she loves being surrounded by her family, and I better get back to the daily devotions.

Now there are just 143 school days left until summer.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome confirmation that you're doing the right thing. Been following your blog for awhile now, we're a homeschooling family too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yeah it was pretty cool to hear.... How long have you been homeschooling?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!