Oct 9, 2009

Day 22. Broken Dreams.




"Come in here, Tay...pick up my broken dream off the floor"...I yelled, completely amusing myself. In the impatient way I tweak decor at times, this dream plaque missed the opportunity of being nailed safely to the wall of the classroom. It was leaned. I wasn't sure it would live there permanently, so I risked it. It did not pay off.





Taylor ran into the room to see what was up. This is the child whom cried, at the age of 7, when we left Disneyland, because she felt like while she was there "all her dreams really COULD come true". A girl after my own heart. I asked her to take the plaque out to the trash for me. She sadly complied. On her way out the door I yelled "Take your broken dream to the trash, Taylor". She giggled. When did this sweet baby girl become a young lady able to comprehend ridiculous jokes that I make? It happened right before my eyes.

School went well today. Other than a shattered dream, it was without incident. Just how I like it best. Just 148 school days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!