Feb 4, 2010

Scrabble Magnet Board.

A cute alternative to the typical classroom magnet board. I saw the scrabble letter idea here and was able to incorporate it with the board that I already had done on my wall. Since I have ditched the generic plastic magnet letters, my older two kids (and sometimes me) play with the board too. Since there are points on each letter, you can create some pretty fun games.

Supplies needed are:

To make the board:
The board was made by nailing metal sheeting (an 18x24 piece that was purchased at Home Depot) to the wall. I bought pieces of wood (that Home Depot cut down to size) and used black stain to finish them off. The wood was nailed over the edges of the metal

To make the letters
:
Magnet tape (sticky one one side, magnetic on the other). I used 1 roll that costs 1.50 at Home Depot.
Wood Scrabble pieces. Target has a kit to make a card in the Valentines section. It was 9.99 as opposed to the 19.99 version in the game aisle. They both had 100 pieces.



Cut the magnet tape into little pieces.
Adhere to the back of each letter.
Get help! My 5 year old was a brilliant little helper.




Place on board and have fun!




3 comments:

  1. this is so cute, I love it on floor level. magnet tape rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! It is like mine :) Thanks for sharing with me! I didn't know about the valentines scrabble! That's cute! I got my scrabble from goodwill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh...Goodwill is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!