Feb 4, 2010

Emma's ABC Treasure Box.


Seriously, don't you just love Home Goods? It all started with this box. $5.99 and I was hooked. 

I took a bunch of old scrapbook letter stickers and put one capital letter of each letter of the alphabet on white cardstock, cut them up, and put them in the box.

I then took one small, household, non-perishable object to correspond with each letter and put them in the box. Here is a sample. 
(Continue scrolling down for a complete item list below.)




pictured are leaf, butterfly, fish, alligator, circle, tape, hat, yarn, q tip, napkin, 
and 4 of the letters R, X, P, and H



Everything can tuck neatly inside



And best of all, it looks adorable on any shelf!


Lots of games can be played with this. Match the object to the letter. I can ask Emma to  pull out the first letter of cat, car, and can....etc. There are lots of options. A variety of ways to learn our letters and sounds, seems to work the best.

ITEMS FOR EACH LETTER 

A lligator
B utterfly
C ircle
D oll
E gg
F ish
G rass
H at
I ce
J ar
K ey
L eaf
M irror
N apkin
O ctopus
P encil
Q tip
R ose
S traw
T ape
U nicorn
V alentine
W isemen
X ray
Y arn
Z ipper


I am linking up:



3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I knew I should have gone with you to home goods! Love the box and the idea! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And what a cool learning tool! Fun!!

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!