Feb 3, 2010

Day 70. A Little Confused.


Oh, today was CHAOS. Somehow through some grumpiness still a beautiful chaos. How does a human being simultaneously teach letters and sounds, the Mexican War, and Fractions? Wow, it's an art form in and of itself. Some days are just fine while others are just not. You see, contrary to previous years in class where my shy one..."never asked questions, cuz he didn't want to be laughed at" this year the teacher is five feet from them ALL the time. So the questions, can become endless and the requested switching of topics is faster then my brain can handle. In addition, an endless parade of thoughts on what they are reading or doing starts flying. I think a much more effective use of our day would be to plan out the subjects between the kids so I can constantly rotate on who I am working with. However, that's hard to do and more structured then I like. So, my quest will continue. I'm still learning what works best.


I was working for quite awhile this morning with Emma on reading a blend ladder. I had to get something off my desk, so I took a break for a second. Taylor asked a math question of me. The question on the paper is what unit of measurement would you use to weigh a cow. The answer being kilograms. Well, I glanced at the paper and blurted out.."well what does a cow say?" um "moo"...she answered. We cracked up forever at that one. Clearly get going a little too fast sometimes and my brain doesn't catch up. It entertains the kids.







Now there are just 100 school days left until summer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!