Feb 10, 2010

Day 78. Confessions.




 I think I have been so caught up in making sure that I am DOING SCHOOL correctly that I have forgotten to DO SCHOOL. Can that be possible? 

I think it can. For I know those that are so busy planning their lives, they forget to live them. So focused on creating the correct process in which to implement something, that they forget why they even need the process. 

Sometimes you HAVE TO LET GO...and just do, just be, just let it happen.

I feel like the kids are not learning. I mean they are passing tests. Our days seem to be a series of check marks to finish curriculum for the day. A countdown 'til summer, just like my bloggy blog. Perhaps this is because of the type of curriculum I have chosen, am I implementing it incorrectly, mid year blahs, or the overachiever in me?

It's very hard to balance two older kids with two different curriculums, and a curious and insanely active pre-k student. Meet all their needs at once.

Home school fairy god mother, where are you? Hmmmm.

 Cynics look high and low for wisdom—and never find it; 
   the open-minded find it right on their doorstep!

Proverbs 14:6  (the message)


Now there are just 92 school days left until summer.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, don't worry about doing it all, let those bumps in the road be learning times if you can. For us, the best thing we did was read. I would spend hours reading to our kids--such as The Narnia Chronicles. To me that was the best part/bonus of home schooling--the time to read "chapter" books together.

    Your kids are learning even if you don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job! Really, it does. With all my heart I want to homeschool our oldest, but with a newborn soon to be here and toddler twins, my husband has decided it would be best to send him to a small school. I've SO STRUGGLED accepting my husband's decision on this, but I know that God will make it possible for me to homeschool in the future and I have to TRUST Him.

    Wonderful to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog =) I love this idea for a blog... our boys are starting pre-k this year and I am trying to decide if we should home-school... I look forward to reading more!

    =) Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!
    Joyeful...that is tough! I will be praying for you....xo

    Come see me at my new blog...

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!