Feb 9, 2010

Day 74. Warp Speed.

I do not envy the responsibility a teacher holds. I mean on days when I seriously question my abilities, motives, and performance....I think about the first year teaching. Must be rough. At least if I screw up a kid, it's gonna be my own, right? There is some sick twisted comfort in that.

I think its safe to officially say we will be homeschooling again next year. One of the things I will do differently is to have school from a certain time to a certain time. Right now school is a check list of curriculum to get through. I can not tell you how much that does not fit with my family. It's like chocolate ice cream and onions. Does NOT go together.

I did very little research, if any, outside of A Beka because we were doing this for one year initially. Their curriculum is broken down into 170 lessons...Therefore, 170 days. Clever, huh? I just assumed. It's the rookie in me. I now know better.

So, what's my point? Well, a lot of things that count for "school" I have not "counted" for school. So my attendance sheets and blog posts don't always match up. Who cares? No one really....just warning you that for the next couple weeks the "extra" stuff will be trimmed down and the core info kicked up to catch us back up to where I want to be.

Hang on....we're gonna fly.

2 comments:

  1. School encompasses a lot of life stuff. I have enjoyed visiting your blog, coming from "naps..." I homeschooled my kids most of the way through and "they're doing fine" in spite of my teaching! It was the most challenging, yet the most rewarding thing I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. It's ALWAYS so good to hear that other people have made it through (and not wrecked their kids, he he) !!!!! :) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!