Feb 10, 2010

Day 76. Copy Cat.


Have you ever noticed when you are in a new situation that doing some familiar things just makes you feel "normal?"

I left my home church of 25 years, a few years back, when my husband accepted a worship pastor position at a new church in Elk Grove, Ca. EVERYTHING was foreign. I hated it in the beginning. People in this strange place, talked about things like getting stuck behind the train, power lines too close to their house, and the developers buying up too much land. Well five years later, I can say I do hate getting stuck behind the train, I still could care less where they put the power lines, and I wish the developers would buy all the land and DEVELOP it. At the time however, I was completely lost.

One night after I had been here a couple of months, I attended a scrapbook night at the church. FINALLY, I understood and related to what people were talking about. I knew what the circle cutter was, related to being overwhelmed with too many pictures, and absolutely understood how you want to own ALL the scrapbook paper, but really have no use for that much of it. It may seem silly, but on that night, I met some of the best friends I have here, still to this day.

My point is, that familiarity is comforting. Therefore, we have decided to put on an open house for our school. The kids looked forward to the one night each year that people came to see what THEY were doing and learning at Bradshaw. We got to step into their world and understand a little bit more. We will be busy getting ready for it. The kids are excited and planning is underway. It will be held during the first part of March and pictures will come for sure! Stay tuned....

Now there are just 94 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!