Dec 19, 2009

Day 53. Blame It On The Blanket.


Here I sit, by the fire. Little Bear, Christmas tree lights, and my blanket. Sounds perfect, except it is 2:14 a.m. I went on a "I will finish all my Christmas shopping extravaganza", tonight. Target was open until midnight, so I arrived home at 12:15. I did a few things and started to head up to bed when I heard Emma yell out, "The blanket is breathing mommy." I tried many times to explain that the moving she sees the blanket doing is because she is breathing under it. No go. She's not buying it.

Since day one, this child has been an amazing sleeper. With one exception, she has nightmares. There have been lots of mid night rendezvous for Emma and I. Fortunately, I am inherently a night owl. Tonight, however, I am ready for bed!

Today started out at 9:30 am, as I awoke with a cold medicine induced hang over. I am so glad Shawn is home from work. I am becoming increasingly accustomed to it. It's gonna be rough when he goes back. The kids came into the classroom today to a little Christmas candy and play dough on their desk from their favorite teacher. We managed to accomplish spelling tests and penmanship before we headed out to lunch at Chevy's and a trip to Borders, just the 5 of us.

After we returned home, the kids finished up their assignments for the day independently and I headed out to finish Christmas shopping. The combination of the Friday before Christmas and rush hour traffic did not slow me down as expected. However, the bad news is I did not finish. My perfectionistic side needs the perfect gift for each person on my list. That takes a while sometimes, but it's worth it.

Back to reality....Emma is informing me that she is "a little bit hungry". Fat Chance. There's about 4.5 hours until I will do anything about that. In minutes, we will head off to bed....I hope for the best.

Now there is just 117 school days left until summer.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night (hopefully)...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!