Dec 24, 2009

Coming Out Of The Closet.


























Mom shlumpiness has set in. I'm living in a rut. It would be nothing short of a miracle, if you found me at any given moment, in my home adorned in anything other then my black yoga pants. You might even find me venturing out in them "just for a quick errand."

It's hard enough to get out the door on a school day to drop the kids off "done" for the day. Try staying home all day and getting up and "done". Hmmm. What's a girl to do?

I am only speaking for myself, but I do have a feeling hundreds of others might agree. I feel so much better when I have some sort of a hairstyle, make up (at least the basics), and clothes that have at least one button on them and preferably a zipper as well.

A few days ago, I stood in my closet and looked around. I then came to a B R I L L I A N T revelation. I decided that it's the closet's fault, not mine. Nothing about it is inspiring to spend more then 2 seconds in. Why would I stay in there and try and put an outfit together? It's clearly not my fault. The Little Tykes garden (which used to be handy while getting ready, when Emma was like 2 and would play in it), dirty mirror, and stacks of black clothes aren't really callin' out any kind of pretty.

I am redoing my closet....save your laughter, you may end up copying me later. I have a budget of $30 to get this done. Pictures to come....Here is the before. Bleh....

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading Darcy--and my closet could so use a makeover. It seems so daunting but maybe you've inspired me. Maybe we should have a clean out your closet linky party!!
    hugs,
    edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you STILL have that little garden play area?!?!?! I remember when Emma was just a babe she would play in it! How funny!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!