Dec 2, 2009

Day 44. N...C...O...D...X.






We had lots of school work that I had planned for today. Shawn had some errands to run. So, I had a brilliant mommy moment of sending Emma on a school "trip" with daddy. I had her get a piece of paper and write down 10 of her "favorite letters". Which made me laugh for days...She sat looking at the letters on the wall for about 10 minutes trying to decide. Knowing what she and daddy were going to do with them, my heart was filled with joy when she chose x and q.

I had her get her flashcards of the same letters that she had written down. Then we got a snack, the camera, and her flashcards in a bag and off her and daddy went to the bank, and other fun places.

In the three hours of peace and quiet, the older two and I busted out lots and lots of work. They lost it at about 1:00 and the giggles took over. Life would be so mellow without Emma. I am not sure if it's her, or the third child, or maybe both. The dynamic when she is home is so different, but I wouldn't change it for a moment.

The two arrived home with amazing pics. They got all ten letters done! Can I tell you that I love my husband. I always hoped I would be with a man who truly was an amazing dad. I am. He's just pure fun, I tell you. I was thinking signs, objects, etc. Oh no...they went above and beyond. Here's a little sample of their letter hunt.

N for nap (or as Emma says "n for sleeping")
C for camera
O for "o"
D for "Don't Smoke"

and the ever tricky combo of J and X......drumroll please...

"jumping x!"

I love you babe.

Now there are just 126 school days until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!