Dec 10, 2009

Day 48. One Thing At A Time.


We think we are reducing stress by accomplishing more than one thing at a time, when in fact, we are causing ourselves more stress than ever. Stress-busting tip: leave multitasking to your personal computer. Do one thing at a time, do it well, and move on to the next item on your list. That's the best way to regain a sense of control over time.


I would like to say AMEN and end here...but it's not the end of the story.

I have been running too fast for too long. I have a list of things to "get in order" around the house. One of them is to figure out our insurance and find good docs/ dentists etc. I have missed Kaiser for four years now. I have had no luck with our current insurance....whatsoever. It's gonna take more time to figure out, so today I tried.

I had school laid out well today. Since last week, I managed to do 3 loads of laundry and the dishes during school hours one day. Today, I decided to make phone calls and schedule appointments. Seems simple enough to get the kids started on a project and then make some calls. I have wanted a new dentist for the kids, a new doc for me, etc...so I got on the phone...90 min later after multiple phone calls intermingled with diagramming adjectives and penmanship...I still have no dentist appointment and the soonest appointment I could get for myself was Feb. It is so frustrating to be paying hundreds of dollars and have those kinds of options.

Ahhhh Kaiser...one stop shopping, how I miss you.

Anyway...lesson learned today. I need to focus on school and stay in school land until that imaginary bell rings. I do best focusing on one thing at a time. Today was a train wreck...plain and simple. School got done. Very little got learned.

Now there are just 122 school days left until summer.

2 comments:

  1. The new background is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darc - each time i read your blog I am amazed at how i want to take more time with my girls and know them even more! You make each day sound magical and fun! You rock at being a mom & a teacher! the blot itself look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!