Dec 14, 2009

Day 49. All Is Well.



This past weekend was awesome. It started with Friday night and a surprise party for ME! Seven lovely ladies, picked me up and took me to BJs for an "I love you" party....It was amazing. Life really wouldn't be the same without them.

Then on Saturday.... I went in and got a 2 week free trial to Cal Fit. The wonder club, in my opinion. This is just a sample of some of the kids class choices:

Mon~ games
Tues~ drawing
Wed~ b ball
Th ~ story time
F ~ movie night

They have it all... It appears to rock..I think we're gonna join permanently. We will give it these two weeks to see how it goes, but the difference I think it's gonna make....hmmm. Really think it should be a reward for homeschool mom's. Free gym membership.

School on Sunday largely consisted of baking. We made tons of cookies and then made up plates for Christmas gifts to give out to some of our friends. With my non mess loving hubby out of town...we went nuts in the kitchen. We made a fantastically large disaster and even let Cameron drink straight from the milk carton. Disney radio top 30 count down blaring, flour everywhere, it was awesome.

I let the kids really have at it. I was amazed actually at how "well" they did with rolling out dough and that kind of thing. I also threw in lots of "hey, how many ounces are in a cup" type questions. Cameron went and got the math chart in the classroom about measurement conversion and posted it on the fridge...so that I wouldn't "HAVE TO KEEP ASKING". Think he totally missed the point and I let him...We really had a great time.

After the kids and I sampled our handiwork, all the live long day, we headed out in the pouring rain for our first time at the gym. The kids had so much fun and I got to work out with a friend and have some down time. Totally works for me. Perfect combo.

We left the gym at 6:45 and went to SEVEN houses to deliver our cookies. Each of the kids got to pick one of their friends to deliver cookies to. Taylor was especially excited as her BFF does not go to our church and it's been awhile since they saw each other. She was bouncing off the walls at the thought of dropping by cookies unannounced to her. So glad they were home! When we drove away from her house Taylor sighed and says....everything's better now. Note to self: GET BETTER ABOUT SCHEDULED PLAY DATES. That child NEEDS her peeps, just like her mama. I totally get it.

The kids declared this day our newest tradition. I agree. Tomorrow we will wake up and C L E A N.....and pick up daddy from the airport!

Now there are just 121 school days left until suumer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I did it :) and I loved the cookies. Thanks Cameron, Taylor, Emma and Darcy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!