Dec 17, 2009

Day 52. These Are The Days.


More school. More learning. I can now successfully check day 52 off of the calendar. Today was pretty uneventful. Dare I say peaceful....

Shawn and Emma went on a morning date. When they got home, around lunch time, I asked Emma where they had been. She quickly recited, "we went to McDonald's for breakfast, then one Target, and then another Target, and that's all I can tell you." I suspect some Christmas shopping took place. Emma loves her daddy. It's hard to believe that she is already 5 years old. I still think of her as my baby.

I have had so much down time in the last couple of weeks, that I am not sure what to do with it all. Time is a gift. All of a sudden, now that I am not working, I have at least 30 hours a week extra. Not to mention a major shift in my thought life.

Life changes so quickly. It never ceases to amaze me. It is so important, to embrace each season as it's happening. Before you realize it, the times that will fall into the "Those were the days" category, will quickly be in the past. If you aren't careful, you might miss living them, in the present.

What I have been doing in the last couple of weeks is reflecting, re evaluating, and sleeping. This is what I know down deep in my soul. I need my Savior. I need my husband and children. I need my family and my friends. Those things are constant in my life. However, the way that I live my life in the day to day, in every season God takes me through, is what I need to be careful that I never lose.

I need to make a difference. I need possibilities. I need freedom. I need passion. I need to create. I need understanding. I need to exist beside people who believe in me. I need to live along side people who share my heartbeat. This is who God knit me together to be. This is who I am. I need these things to be able to breathe. I need these things to feel alive...and most days I need them with a diet coke in hand.

I have no idea really why I am where I am, or how long I will be in this world of homeschooling. However, I do know that I will try and learn every bit that I can and make it count. The Lord in His infinite wisdom always knows best.

I have never walked on water
Felt the waves beneath my feet but
At your Word Lord, I’ll receive Your
Faith to walk on oceans deep

And I remember how You found me:
In that very same place
All my failing surely would've drowned me
But You made a way

You are my freedom
Jesus you’re the reason
I’m kneeling again at Your throne
Where would I be without You
Here in my life, here in my life?

I know one day, maybe it will be years from now, but it will happen. I will wake up and long for the days that the four of us sat in this one room, all together. So, right now, I will embrace it. These are the days.

Now there are just 118 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!