Nov 25, 2009

Day 42. A Land Far Far Away.














Oh this week is SO thrown off. Shawn is off work for two weeks at home. I want to take two weeks off with him. I spent a great deal of time today beating myself up for not doing "better" so that I could have planned to have school days off with him. Then I realized...that's a waste of time to be upset about. Let's make the best of it.

It has been nice to have him home for many reasons...(not just because he brings me my diet coke in the morning). It's freezing outside today and we are all indoors, snuggly, doing school. Days like this make me want to live in a big white house in the country with a wrap around porch, and a balcony that I can sit on in a big white fluffy robe and drink hot chocolate and watch the sunrise....Shawn will have a work at home job, the kids would be brilliantly home schooled by their mother who got up with the sun, worked out, did my Bible study, prayed over my kids before they awoke, and then made a fresh breakfast for everyone....all while music played softly in the background. While I aspire to that, I sit in the middle of loads of laundry, planning my grocery list to go out and get my last minute necessity's for thanksgiving.

School is very basic these days. Gettin' through the necessaries and feeling guilty about the passed over frills...Guilt is a terrible thing. It sucks your joy.

Tomorrow we will spend thanksgiving, like we do every year...just us five. I cook a big dinner...in my pj's. We all watch the parade, look at the black Friday ads, just be together....It's perfect.

Now there is just 128 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!