Nov 17, 2009

Day 38. Goin' Old School.






I am still on a high from this past weekend. I developed and direct a worship driven children's performing arts program at our church. We run about 12 weeks out of the year and then perform a 15 min spot in "big church". While the performance is amazingly fun to watch, the whole process of getting there, is my love. Each of these kids are so unique and amazing. Even at such a young age, they have such a heart for God. To have a chance to be involved in their little lives on any level is honestly such a privilege to me.

I wish the parents and people at church could somehow see and experience all the moments we have leading up to performance. From the kid who came in to the program completely unengaged and then ended up helping the four year olds find their way on stage with all the gentleness a young man could muster, to the four year old who thanked God during our prayer time for the man on the big boat who saved the earth, to the five year old backstage who told me we can't go out there until I teach you about light beams! These kids grow, develop skills, develop relationships with each other, and bless me beyond words. I sat and cried as I watched them this past Sunday. They rock.

We went "old school" this session complete with choir robes. Add in some hip hop dancers, drama, art, sign language, a splatter paint set, 50 adorable kids, and a video, complete with dancing pastors (the adorable man in the white shirt is my hubby) and you've got yourself a great time! With two sound checks, three performances, and four services of 1204 people this weekend...Monday morning brought a tired teacher! We got through school fine however. I, in pajamas, with a big diet coke by my side. Now there are just 132 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!