Nov 18, 2009

Day 39. Just Do It.


I have started unpacking the Christmas stuff in the garage. A Christmas tree has already made its way into the classroom. I usually unpack everything and then bring it inside. It usually takes me a week or so to get through the whole process. I really want to have the house done by thanksgiving day this year, so I can sit and enjoy the decorations all day.

I usually love it, but this year as I started opening the boxes, I was forced into a huge reflection time. If you would have told me this time last year that next year "you will be homeschooling your kids and you will have quit your job"...I absolutely would have had you committed.

I am an avid after Christmas clearance shopper. I buy everything for the next Christmas when the things are on such good sales. So, as I started opening box after box...I found gifts for the kids school teachers, and the office ladies at BCS. I then found the gifts I had purchased for my co workers. Next box brought the gifts I had purchased for the leads in my different ministry areas.....finally, came a bunch of table linens and decor that I had bought for some holiday party I would be throwing at work. Great stuff, and I paid very little for it. Unfortunately, the kids have no teachers other than me, I have no co-workers, and I won't be throwing any Christmas parties at work. Very weird.

Life can change in a heart beat. We had three friends pass away unexpectedly this past year. Two were in their early thirties with small children and wives left behind. Both died with absolutely no warning. One playing basketball and one in his sleep. Another friend died in her sleep as well, leaving young adult daughters and a husband behind.

Time flies.
Live Each Day as if it were your last.
Embrace every moment.

These types of things are said all the time. During tragedy we may begin to embrace it. However, when life returns to normal, we quickly tend to forget. I am not usually one for New Years Resolutions, but I will make a resolution now. With new determination I will let go of the things that bring me down, the things I can't change, and the pain I have experienced in the past. I want to live each day making every bit of good happen that I can. Find the place where God wants you to be and be there, with every fiber of your being. No matter what the cost. Just Do it.

This morning I woke up and took the kids to Noah's bagels for breakfast. Pumpkin bagels with cream cheese. Um YUM! We came home and did school. It's getting very "routine" now. I must sit down and throw in some excitement...for my sanity and the kids. I have been working really hard on getting my work wrapped up and in good shape for the new girl, this past month. I have just 4 more days of work however, and then I will have lots of free time. Now there are just 131 school days left until summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...I Love to hear from you!